Traumeel® S Injection Solution
Read this leaflet carefully before taking this medicine. It contains important information regarding your treatment. If you have any doubts or are unsure about something, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Keep this leaflet as you may need to read it again.
Check that this medicine corresponds exactly to that indicated by your doctor.
I.S.P. Reg. No.: H-1101/10
Medicine made in Germany.
|Composition (One 2,2 ml (= 2,2 g) ampoule containing)
|Mercurius solubilis Hahnemanni
sodium chloride and water for injection. Manufactured in accordance with German Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia (HAB) guidelines.
Treatment of mild to moderate pain associated with trauma and other inflammatory and degenerative processes.
Treatment of symptoms such as pain and inflammation caused by injuries of various types (sporting, accidents) such as sprains, strains, bruising, haematomas, bone fractures, etc., degenerative processes that progress with inflammation and suppuration of different organs and tissues (for example parodontitis, gingivitis, parodontosis) and of the musculoskeletal apparatus and ligaments (tendovaginitis, bursitis, tennis elbow), osteoarthritis of the hip, knee and small joints.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Use only as indicated by your doctor.
- Do not use higher doses or for longer than recommended.
- Although your symptoms may initially worsen, this is generally temporary and is of no major importance.
- Do not use in the case of systemic diseases such as tuberculosis, leukosis, collagenosis, multiple sclerosis, in patients infected with HIV or who have developed AIDS, or other autoimmune diseases as a different type of treatment is required in such patients.
- A history of allergy or hypersensitivity to this medicine or any of its components.
- Do not administer to patients with kidney function disorders, pregnant and breast-feeding women, babies or small children.
Allergy or hypersensitivity reactions may occur in isolated cases. Talk to your doctor if adverse reactions that may be due to this medicine occur or if you have any doubts or questions. Irritation of the buccal mucosa or sialorrhea (excessive salivation) may appear after use. If this occurs, treatment must be suspended. If you experience an undesired effect which, in your opinion, has been provoked or aggravated by use of this medicine, inform your doctor or pharmacist and ask for it to be reported to the health authorities.
Interaction with other medications
None described in the literature. The effects of a medicine may be altered if it is administered together with other medicines. Do not administer this medicine together with others unless your doctor has indicated otherwise.
Instructions for use
Your doctor or dentist will indicate the dose and treatment time suitable for you. However, the normal recommended dose is: 1 to 2 vials per week.
Intramuscular (i.m.), intra-articular (i.a.), subcutaneous (s.c.), intravenous (i.v.).
Package of five vials each containing 2.2 mL of solution for injection.
- Do not store at temperatures higher than 25 °C.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the package after EXP.
- Do not repeat the treatment unless told to do so by your doctor.
- Do not recommend this medicine to anybody else.
- German Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia; Translation of the 5th Supplement (1991) to the 1978 edition; Official Edition; Deutscher Apotheker-Verlag Stuttgart.
- Reckeweg, H.H.; Materia Médica; Homeopatía Antihomotóxica. Una farmacología selectiva; Vol. 1; 2nd Ed.; Aurelia-Verlag; Baden-Baden; 1991.
- Dr. B. Potrafki, A. Steinbach. “La terapia antihomotóxica en enfermedades reumáticas”. Medicina Biológica, No. 1, 1995, pp. 21-22.
- Dra. Y. Osorio, Dr. F. Fajardo. “Manejo biológico de las endodoncias. Empleo de Traumeel S en los tratamientos de conductos radiculares”. Medicina Biológica, No. 4, 1998, pp. 236-240.
- Stefan Zenner y H. Metelmann. “Posibilidades de utilización de Traumeel S solución inyectable. Resultados de un estudio de aplicación multicéntrico en 3.241 pacientes”. Medicina Biológica, No. 1, February 1996, pp. 132-140.
- Jan Kersschor. “The Complementary Use of Homeopathic Preparations in Primary Care Practice”. Biomedical Therapy, Vol. XV, No. 2, 1997, pp. 47-52.
- A. Conforti et al. “Estudios experimentales sobre la actividad antiinflamatoria de un medicamento homeopático”. Medicina Biológica, No. 2, May 1997, pp. 36-39.
- Dr. W. Thiel, Dra. Brigitte Bortho. “Tratamiento de hemartros traumático de la rodilla con un medicamento homeopático inyectable”. Medicina Biológica, No. 2, April 1994, pp. 47-55.
- Dr. H. Mihoc. “Tratamiento de las enfermedades reumáticas inflamatorias con Traumeel (Arnica compositum)”. Medicina Biológica, Vol. I, No. 4, December 1998, pp. 114-117.
Manufactured by and under licence from
Biologische Heilmittel Heel GmbH
Imported and distributed by
Productos Farmacéuticos Heel Chile Ltda.
Av. Eliodoro Yáñez 1618
Providencia - Santiago